Galaxy of Cars and Swap Meet
UPDATE – Galaxy of Cars, Sunday 2 February 2014 at Western Springs Speedway
- Swap Meet sellers to arrive at 7am. Gates open for buyers at 7.30am.
- Show Cars to arrive from 8am and must be on site no later than 9.30am. Show starts at 10am.
- Important: Once Show Cars have been parked for display, they must stay on site until 3pm. This is a Western Springs Speedway requirement to avoid car movement where adults and children are walking. If this is not suitable then unfortunately you will not be able to display within Western Springs Speedway. Please advise all.
- Food and Catering is looked after by the Western Springs Speedway Caterers which has no connection to the New Lynn Lions. This is a requirement of their conditions.
- No dogs or alcohol on site. No glass of any sort in the grassed track area.
Prize giving will be at 2pm. Best Presented Car and Bike, Best Presented Club, Classic Driver Presentation.
- Show Car drivers are free, passengers pay normal gate entry.
- Gate Tickets: Adults $12, Children (5 to 15 years) $5, Swap Meet sellers $15
This event was created 15 years ago by the New Lynn Lions. Its main purpose was to raise money for worthy charities and at the same time for family and car enthusiasts to enjoy a great day out. Over this period of time, over $150,000 has been raised and donated to charities such as Camp Quality, Diabetes Youth, Star Ship Hospital, Young Peoples Burns Unit, Westpac Rescue Helicopter, Heart Foundation, and Cystic Fibrosis to name a few.
Over 800 Classic and Vintage vehicles were on display at the last Galaxy of Cars, representing over 55 enthusiast clubs.There are vehicles that are better than new and there are some that are original, never been restored. There is a large variety, with something of interest for all who attend. A large automotive Swap Meet is also held allowing enthusiasts to search and hopefully find those hard to get parts.
The event has entertainment for all ages including bouncy castles, face painting, mini hot rods, entertainment for kids and a live band. This is a great family day out supporting worthy charities.
Club and individual car displays are by invitation and registration. Commercial sites for selling Automotive goods are also available at a reasonable cost.
For more information, contact Noel Mountjoy on (09) 826 0504 or 021 642688 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Lions Club of New Lynn